Custodial Parent

The court will name one parent as responsible for establishing the child’s primary residence and may designate the geographic area of that residence. This parent is the primary joint managing conservator or sole managing conservator of a child, commonly referred to as the “custodial parent (CP).” The CP usually receives child support and is also called the obligee.