Interstate Case

A case where the parents do not reside in the same state may be an interstate case. The Office of Attorney General may be able to work across states on child support establishment, enforcement, or modification. Contact a local child support office for questions on interstate child support enforcement. Another state’s court may be asked to take similar actions because of a Texas request.

The OAG cannot assist with custody or visitation issues in interstate cases.

This website addresses Texas law and general procedures. If your case is out of a different state, it might be preferable to seek advice of counsel in the state where the order originated.