A modification is a change to an order, for example a change to child support, medical support, conservatorship, or possession. For example, you might seek to change the amount of child support or who provides medical insurance. A court with continuing, exclusive jurisdiction may change the order that provides for the conservatorship, support, or possession of and access to a child.

An agreed or uncontested modification case is uncontested when you and the other parties in your case agree (no one is contesting) to change terms in a previous order about custody, visitation, or child support. Contact the local law library in the county that originally issued your order for help, or online go to Modification Kit . If there is no agreement, a judge will hear the evidence and make a decision for you.