The Office of the Attorney General is the lawyer for the State of Texas and cannot represent either parent. As the official child support enforcement agency for the State of Texas, the OAG provides parents who wish to obtain or provide support for their children with a full range of services.
- Locating the absent parent
- Establishing paternity
- Establishing and enforcing child support orders
- Establishing and enforcing medical support orders
- Reviewing and modifying child support payments
- Collecting and distributing child support payments.
The services are required by federal law and funded by the federal government and the State of Texas.