Can the court give me the right to visit my grandchild?

The easiest way to visit your grandchild is to establish or maintain positive relations with the child’s parents. Only one parent has to give permission, as long as you are visiting the child during that parent’s period of possession.

Under some circumstances, grandparents can obtain a court order granting them the right to visit their grandchildren over the objection of parents.

Call our hotline at 713-389-8900 for assistance.