How can I get a passport for our child?

For children under 16 years old, both parents’ signatures are required on the application. Both parents or legal guardians must present evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship, present evidence that they are the parents or guardian(s), show valid personal identification, and take the oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent. If one parent is unable to appear, proof of sole custody (divorce decree, death certificate, etc.) or form DS-3053 is required.