How can I be listed on the court order?

If you want to be named as a conservator in the court order, you must file a motion requesting the court add you as a party to the case.

Did a parent with right to name the child’s residence voluntarily give the child to you to care for?

You may ask the court for additional legal rights by filing a motion with the court that issued the original orders. You would be referred to as a “non-parent caregiver.”

You may also be able to apply for medical care or food assistance for the child.

Modification of Visitation
FAQs for Non-Parents