Do you currently have a child support court order that says at least one person has to pay child support?

If you talked in front of a judge or met with someone at an OAG child support office to discuss child support and other issues, you probably have a court order.

If you got divorced and hired an attorney to help you, then you probably have a court order. Call the district clerk’s office in the county where the child lived at the time when you went to court or where you were divorced. Be prepared to give your full name and the other party’s full name. The clerk will ask for the cause number or case number and for both Social Security numbers, if you know them. Search for Texas district clerks by the name of the county.